Thursday 17 January 2013

Production Logo - "Skyline Productions"

Based from the research I have done on logos, I have created a production logo which will be used in our horror trailer.

This follows the same rule as any other logo would. It is simple, as it clearly shows the silhouette of a skyline, with a blue to white gradient. I've used these two colours, as it connotes a calm, and soothing atmosphere. It could also suggest the reflection of water on the skyline, which leads on to the suggestion of nature.

With the text, I have made it big and spread out enough for the viewer to know what the name of the production firm is. Using bold text has also helped in this instance, as it is easier to read than other fonts types such as "san serif". No other effects have been used on the text, as I want to keep this as simple as possible. The more simple the logo, the easier it is for the audience to digest. However, I did have to make sure that there was some link between the design and text, otherwise the skyline design could've been suggestive of anything. The two aspects compliment each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment