Thursday 24 January 2013

Using non-profit music

For our trailer, we have to use music that won't leave us in a situation of breaking the copyright law. This would mean that if we use music without the permission of the producer, then we wouldn't be able to use the music. So far, we have been granted permission to use "Mad World" by Gary Jules. However, in order to create atmosphere, I don't think "Mad World" by itself would help represent the different atmospheres and emotions I attempt to achieve in my trailer. For example, at the beginning, I don't believe that "Mad World" would be appropriate to use in creating a casual atmosphere.

So firstly, what I did was I went onto google, and I typed in "no copyright music", so I can see what sort of websites come up that are related to this search. I then found a site named creativecommons (click on link to see the website), where it provides links to other websites which has a huge directory of music that we could use without the hassle of asking for permission.

After searching through several sites, I have found that BeatPick was the best site to use, as it is very easy to use and their search engine is very precise. After searching through a few song types, I have chosen two songs which could help create two very distinct atmospheres:


No comments:

Post a Comment